Beauty through Self Love

Live life through beauty, self-worth, and love!!!



I share self-love inspiration through a public Facebook group called Self Love Life!! 
www.facebook.com/groups/selflovelife/

Through this extra time that Covid has blessed me with, I have become the person I always hoped to be. I have found my self-worth through loving myself unconditionally. Also through challenging myself to face the fears of judgment by posting publicly singing, playing music, and even posting these blogs. I have learned to play the guitar which has always been on my list and it's brought me closer to my musical soul. I started my own Freelance Marketing company with pride. I have traveled through 12 states and truly invested in experience with family & friends. I have walked a more spiritual path for 3 years now and feel closer than ever to the Universe and to God. I feel aligned and content with where I currently am in my journey.

Amongst all of the unknowns in the world right now, I am grounded in the fact that I know who I am and have reached a cloud-nine feeling in my life and am so beyond grateful for this life I get to wake up to every morning.

What is Beauty?
Beauty to me is being able to appreciate every ounce of who I am as a being with acceptance and non-judgment through self-love. Beauty is acknowledging my imperfections and finding ways to be thankful for them. An example of beauty is the glow in someone's eyes when they are excitedly talking about a passion. Inner beauty is having a balance of joy so that even when life knocks me down I can manifest the strength to pick myself back up and feel beautiful again. Now I'm getting to know what unapologetic beauty looks like! It's when someone speaks a judgment that I refuse to adopt because I know with certainty that it's not true. I don't give an ounce of thought to negative remarks that have no meaning or value to me. 

I used to struggle to see my beauty from comparing to others and playing negative stories that I wasn't enough. I had issues with self-worth so I would seek validation from external sources, instead of going within to see my inner beauty. I had the distorted thought process of needing that validation in order for it to be true for me. I've allowed others to tear me down and make me feel small and I didn't stand up for myself. I use to be afraid to stand tall and proud in fear of someone saying "who does she think she is?"
I'm proud to say I'm past that!! Maybe it was turning 30; perhaps it was the Covid dropkick to my psyche but I'm so glad I reached this level of certainty with my self-worth. 

What do I love about myself?
Everything, even my flaws! I love my heart and that it's so overflowing with love to give. I love how I seek knowledge about self-love & self-compassion to always find ways to improve my relationship with myself. I love my journey and my story and how I've overcome obstacles and grown stronger through them. I love my vast amount of empathy I can give to others and put myself completely in their shoes; it's allowed me to stay open and truly understand other beings from a deeper view. I love that I'm a dreamer and a realist wrapped up in one; so I can dream big with the confidence that I can offer so much to this world and realistically find ways to reach people through connections and through a purposeful career path. I love my passion for celebrating love, my artistic ability for music now being at my fingertips through acoustic and through my vocals. I love that I will dance as if no one is watching and will shout to rooftops when I'm excited. I love my endurance and that no matter how the situation gets I always remind myself that I have control over I let it affect and I get back up and find ways to push through it. Most of all I love that I've become my own best friend, my cheerleader, coach, parent, spiritual guide; I've become the person I always needed by my side.

If someone is struggling to find their beauty I would advise them to seek it from within instead of through someone else. I would start with self-love suggestions such as pampering bubble baths, pedicures, or playing with your hair and makeup to feel beautiful. Then work on the inside, get to the root of why you don't feel beautiful. Ask where does this insecurity comes from? Heal it from the source. Forgive those who made you feel ugly. Forgive yourself for allowing their words to sink into the point of believing it. Find a role model that owns their beauty like you would want to and get closer to that person. Read books on self-love from authors like Brene Brown and Gabrielle Bernstein. Take a yoga class and become more attuned with your body. Meditate and create a better relationship with your mind & spirit. Place inspirational quotes around your house as reminders. My favorite on my mirror is "there is nothing sexier than my authentic truth". Find what sparks joy in your heart and keep practicing until you get to the point of loving yourself so unconditionally that your confidence is a force to be reckoned with. And most importantly, have fun finding yourself & loving every ounce of what you find.

@PositiveStephHappens



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOLD, Be~YOU~tiful, and Perfect

My Job Was My Purpose

Guitarist at Heart